Well there are times when your bathroom sink becomes clogged and you are looking for a simple way to unclog the sink without the use of harsh chemicals. This is how you will move with the process.
- Step1: Move away all your suppliers and cleaners from the sink. Place a tub under the sink. You can make use of a plastic tub.
- Step 2: Now the ends of u-pipe need to be unscrewed. Remove the pipe Next empty the water. Make sure that you remove all the bio-critters and clean the hair as well.
- Step 3: The tailpiece pipe needs to be slided from the pipe of the sink drain. You might need to unscrew the pipe. You might find biofilm on the inside of the pipe. Take a discarded toothbrush and push out this material.
- Step 4: You need to clean the pipe of the sink drain using the discarded toothbrush.
- Step 5: Now the stopper that is placed in the sink may not come out that easily. The reason is that it is hooked into pop-up assembly. The stopper has a connection with the horizontal rod that is linking with lift rod.
Now you will need to decouple your stopper and lift the rod. The pivot nuts that are holding the holding the horizontal arm on the pop-up assembly need to be unscrewed.
- Step 6: Next you will have to clean the stopper and your drain. You will need to pull out the stopper and clean it with the discarded toothbrush. Next you will push the discarded toothbrush in the drain as well and all the dirt will fall in the tub underneath the sink.
- Step 7: Now it is time for attaching the pop-up assembly. The stopper needs to be placed back in the drain hole. You need to hold your stopper in a way that one of your hands adjusts the horizontal rod and the other hand reaches under the sink. The plastic shaft needs to be placed in the hole that is present at the bottom of the stopper.
- Step 8: It is also important that you test this connection. You need to check if the lift rod and the stopper are attached properly. The horizontal rod needs to be moved with the help of the lift rod end in an up and down position. Both the rods should move in opposite direction.
- Step 9: Now you need to lock back the horizontal pivot arm. The tailpipe also needs to be slided back in the drain pipe. The u-pipe also needs to be reconnected.
- Step 10: The final step is to run the water. Clean water needs to go down the pipes. Check for the leaks and tighten the nuts if required. When you are finished with the job just compost the waste in the tub.